Why Are Slovenian Mail Order Brides So Popular Nowadays?
These days, you can’t go to a European dating site without meeting a few hundred lovely Slovenian mail order brides. They are quickly becoming some of the most popular brides Europe has to offer, and here is what you should know about Slovenian brides before meeting them.
They are extremely good-looking
Slovenian women have a complex genetic heritage that consists of several ethnicities. Add that to the healthy lifestyle, natural elegance, and graceful movements of Slovenian brides, and you will see why they are so irresistible to men. A typical Slovenian bride has striking features. Her skin has a healthy golden glow, her hair is dark and wavy, and her face looks like a work of art. Slovenian brides are not very curvy, but you will still find their bodies incredibly feminine.
They are open-minded
A Slovenian woman is ready to experience the world as it is. The same goes for the people she meets. Slovenian brides are not going to judge anyone. When you begin dating, a Slovenian mail order bride will accept you just the way you are. Slovenian brides are also not conservative. They love the way they live right now, but they are always ready to change their living conditions for the better and they will easily get used to any new environment.
They are easy to be around
When you are together with a Slovenian bride, even if you’ve just met, you will never feel any confusion or will find it hard to maintain a conversation. If a Slovenian mail order bride sees you lack confidence, she will never mock you for it. Instead, she will try to make you comfortable and will raise your confidence levels. You can talk to your Slovenian bride about anything and enjoy every second of it.
They are fluent in several languages
Unsurprisingly, the official and most commonly spoken language in Slovenia is Slovenian. Slovenian brides are also more than familiar with English, which is a language that is taught at Slovenian schools starting from the first grade. It’s also worth noting that Slovenia is located close to Italy and Austria. That is why Slovenian mail order brides are often fluent in Italian, German, and other European languages, so you may have even more ways to communicate.
What Are Slovenian Wives Like?
You can experience some of the advantages of Slovenian brides right after meeting them, but you will need to spend a long time with a Slovenian mail order wife to see her other qualities. Here is what makes Slovenian wives so appealing:
- They will always find time for their loved ones. You don’t need to try too hard to convince your Slovenian wife to spend time with her family — in fact, she will always prefer to be with her loved ones instead of doing something on her own.
- Motherhood is their ultimate goal. Motherhood changes Slovenian wives, but only in a good way. They become even more caring, more energetic, and more inventive when it comes to spending time with their family.
- They are loyal beyond belief. A Slovenian woman will never agree to marry someone if she’s not sure she wants to be with that person forever. A Slovenian mail order wife will never compromise the trust you have for her by being interested in someone else.
Why Are Slovenian Brides Looking For A Foreign Husband?
Slovenia is a small country, but it’s doing surprisingly well both economically and socially. In some regards, it’s even more successful than many other European countries. So while Slovenian brides are always striving for better things in life, they are also very happy with the conditions they have in their own country and are not trying to escape from it.
The reason why Slovenian mail order brides are interested in foreign men is simple. They are both physically attracted to Western men and intrigued by life abroad. They can easily move to a different country and start life there from a clean slate, but only as long as it’s with the man they love. So when you meet a Slovenian bride, you can rest assured she’s interested in your personality and not what you have to offer.
The Guide On Marrying A Slovenian Woman
Tips on dating a Slovenian girl
Dating a Slovenian woman is an important step in your romance. Dating will help you both get to know each other well and decide whether you want to be together forever. A Slovenian bride will constantly try to impress you and make you happy, so here are the 5 things you can do to return the favor:
- Always make the move first. It’s not that Slovenian women are lazy and want the man to do all the work. It’s just that they are slightly old-fashioned and want the man to take the lead in a new relationship.
- Ask as many questions as possible. Slovenian brides will want to get to know you as well as possible, and you should do the same. Ask your bride’s opinion about everything and let her talk at length about her family, background, and dreams.
- Demonstrate your healthy lifestyle. Slovenian mail order brides are known for their healthy way of living. They eat healthy food, love physical activity, and don’t even consider getting bad habits. This is also what they expect from you.
- Don’t try to limit your woman in anything. Trying to put some limits for your bride — for example, regarding the amount of time she spends with her friends or her shopping habits — will not only never work, but actually threatens your whole relationship.
- Share everything with her. Slovenian brides can’t stand it when the man is visibly sheltered and considers it a good idea to keep secrets from his partner. You need to tell your Slovenian bride everything there is to know about you.
Meeting Slovenian bride parents: 3 tips
Whether your Slovenian mail order bride lives alone or with her family, you can rest assured she is very attached to her parents and will want them to get an opinion about you sooner rather than later. Here is how to make the right impression on your future in-laws from the first try.
- Help the parents whenever possible. The parents of your bride will have very thorough preparations for your visit, but they will still appreciate your help. You can help distribute the food, run to the store if they forgot something, or carry the dishes to the kitchen after the dinner.
- Assure them you have serious intentions. The most important thing for the parents of your Slovenian bride is that you are not just going to toy with her and then leave her. If you want to win their trust, make sure to tell them that you plan to marry their daughter and take care of her.
- Behave like you’re already a member of the family. Slovenians are warm, affectionate people who will treat you like their son starting from the first meeting. So it doesn’t make sense for you to behave like a stranger. Laugh with them, ask and answer questions, and don’t for a second feel like an outsider.
Slovenian wedding customs and laws
Slovenians are as modern as the women you’d meet in Western Europe, but they are also big believers in customs and traditions. Many of the key Slovenian customs revolve around weddings, which are an event that often involves the whole community. Here are the 5 must-know Slovenian wedding traditions.
- Pre-wedding games. A Slovenian wedding is not some solemn, serious event. It’s the time for the families and friends to celebrate and have fun. This is why the fun starts already in the morning. Before you can get to your bride, you will need to play some tricky games with her family members and friends.
- Sawing a log. A unique Slovenian wedding tradition, known as sragna, means that you have to prove that you are worthy of your Slovenian bride. In other words, you need to prove your manliness. You can do it by sawing a log, carrying around heavy cargo, or any other way that is common in that community.
- Two wedding ceremonies. On paper, Slovenia is a secular state and the only officially recognized wedding here is a state wedding. However, Slovenians are pretty religious, which is why most couples have two wedding ceremonies: the official one and the traditional Catholic one.
- Throwing the rice. When the newlyweds are exiting the church, their guests will throw rice at them. At the end of the day, the husband and wife need to count the number of rice grains that are still in their hair. The number of grains corresponds to the number of years they will spend together according to a Slovenian belief.
- Stealing the bouquet. Throughout the wedding reception, you and your bride need to keep a watchful eye over the bouquet. If you’re not careful enough, someone will definitely try to steal it and then make you pay ransom. And even then, it can be a fun activity for you and the guests.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to be rich in order to win over a Slovenian bride?
Not at all! Slovenian brides definitely like men who are ambitious and somewhat successful, but they don’t really care how much money you have at the moment. However, there are two important conditions. First, you need to still be able to comfortably support your family. Second, you need to have a clear plan of how you are going to succeed in life.
How long do Slovenian brides usually date before marriage?
Compared to Western women and other European brides, Slovenian mail order brides are somewhere in the middle. They don’t want to date someone for years without the relationship going anywhere, but they are also not ready to marry someone after just a few months together. On average, Slovenian brides are ready for marriage after around a year of dating.
Do Slovenian wives prefer to work?
A Slovenian mail order wife can be very happy if she stays at home and gets to take care of her family full-time. In that case, you can expect her to also do all of the chores and assume most of the responsibilities regarding the kids. However, if you can’t support the household on your own, a Slovenian wife will be more than willing to step up and contribute to the family budget.
Christine Fox is a psychologist with years of research under her belt. After starting as a general psychologist, she finally found her niche in interpersonal and romantic relationships. She studies relationships from the initial contact to decade-long marriages and she knows what to do at each stage to get to the next one.