Why Are Egyptian Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
Until recently, you have probably only considered Egypt as a popular travel destination with dreamy beaches and lots of activities. However, there is one more reason to give Egypt a prominent place on the world map, and it’s the lovely Egyptian mail order brides. Here is what makes Egyptian women for marriage so irresistible to foreign guys.
They look like Arab queens
The appearance of a typical Egyptian bride is so striking that you can never look away. The combination of pale skin, dark eyebrows and eyelashes, bright lips, and black hair, makes Egyptian women naturally stunning. Women in Egyptian never dress provocatively or wear heavy makeup, but they don’t need to — their natural beauty is more than enough to make you dream about the day when you can meet your own Egyptian bride.
They are confident but sensitive
On some level, Egyptian women probably remember the most glorious days of Egyptian history when women used to rule the world. This is probably why Egyptian women feel so empowered all the time. They grow up in families where the mothers have as much power as the fathers, and this is what forms their characters. However, Egyptian girls also have a vulnerable side and they are not afraid to show it to a man they love.
They will actively take part in the relationship
When you are dating an Egyptian mail order bride, you will never feel like your relationship is solely your responsibility. Egyptian women may not be as forthcoming as their Western counterparts, but they are also more active in a relationship than many Asian and Eastern European brides. For an Egyptian bride, calling her boyfriend to plan a date or sending him a flirty goodnight text is not a big deal — it’s just what her romantic instincts tell her to do.
What Are Egyptian Wives Like?
For women in Egypt, marriage is one of the main life goals and they won’t be stopped by anything on their way to marital bliss. If you are still thinking whether an Egyptian wife is a good option for you, here are some reasons why Egyptian wives are so coveted on the international bridal market.
They won’t try to make you do the chores
Nothing will make an Egyptian bride happier than having the love of her life willingly do some of the house chores. However, an Egyptian wife will never actively try to make you do them or cause a scene when you are not in the mood to wash the dishes or water the plants. An Egyptian woman does not consider chores to be hard work and she actually enjoys being able to make the life of her loved ones more comfortable.
They want the marriage to last forever
Egypt has had a difficult relationship with divorce and while you can usually safely get divorced these days in Egypt, Egyptian women still treat divorce like one of the worst things in the world. Even when the relationship isn’t as smooth and loving as it once was, an Egyptian wife will do her best to get the marriage back on track and make it feel as fresh for both of you as it did before. Any relationship has its issues, but Egyptian wives have the ability to make them disappear.
They only think about family
When you first meet an Egyptian mail order bride, you may think that she doesn’t have as many interests and hobbies as her Western counterparts, or as big of a social circle. The reason for that is simple: Egyptian women are very focused on marriage and family and they don’t have time for anything else. Of course, your Egyptian wife will have a hobby or two and a tight group of friends, but those things will always be lower on her list of priorities than her husband and children.
Why Are Egyptian Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
In some aspects, Egypt is a perfectly modern country with an increasingly better treatment of women, but in some of them, Egypt is not the best place for a young woman to live. Egyptian girls often cannot make their decisions. Their parents, and then their husbands decide what’s best for them instead. This, along with the struggling economy and the desire to build a steady, respectful relationship built on trust, is exactly what inspires Egyptian mail order brides to look for husbands abroad.
The Guide on Marrying an Egyptian Woman
Tips on dating an Egyptian girl
Dating a woman from a different culture, especially someone as beautiful as an Egyptian mail order bride, can be stressful even if you have plenty of dating experience. These 5 tips will help you build a perfect relationship that will inevitably end in a loving marriage.
- Build the relationship on trust. For Egyptian girls, trust is the foundation of any good relationship. Even while you are still getting to know each other, make sure not to keep any secrets from your bride.
- Keep your dating slightly formal. An Egyptian mail order bride is not someone who will kiss you on the first date or go home with you after the third date. Keep your relationship respectful and let it take its own pace.
- Show off your light-hearted side. Egyptian women are naturally very serious and sometimes even solemn, but it doesn’t mean you cannot be the more relaxed and fun member of your couple.
- Forget about public displays of affection. When you are walking with your gorgeous Egyptian mail order bride, keeping yourself from hugging and kissing her may be the hardest thing in the world, but that’s exactly what you need to do — PDA in Egypt is highly discouraged.
- Let her into your world. For your Egyptian bride, your culture and background are the window to a completely different world. In addition to asking her lots of questions, give her time to get to know you better.
Meeting Egyptian bride parents: 3 tips
A meeting with the parents of your Egyptian mail order bride is not only an opportunity for you to find out more about her background, but also for them to judge your character and determine whether you are a good match for their daughter. Here is how to make them like you from the get-go.
- Eat and drink everything you’re offered. During your first meeting, you will probably get a chance to share a celebratory dinner with the family of your bride. Remember that it’s considered rude in Egypt to turn away food and drinks.
- Don’t show too much affection to your bride. The love between you and your Egyptian bride is not a secret to her parents, but they still don’t want you to be too bold about it. Keep things casual and well-mannered.
- Don’t bring up touchy subjects. Egypt is a fairly traditional country and the views of your future Egyptian in-laws can be very different from yours. That is why it’s best not to discuss the topics of politics, gender rights, and LGBT.
Egyptian wedding customs and laws
The Egyptian wedding tradition is very unusual and combines customs from several other countries and cultures. When you have your own Egyptian wedding on the horizon, these are the 5 traditions to keep in mind.
- The marriage agreement. Even though your marriage won’t be an arranged one, Egyptian brides still want their parents to approve of their choice of a husband, so your family and her family will prepare a marriage agreement.
- Mahr and shabka. While signing the marriage agreement, the groom is expected to present the bride and her family with mahr, which is a substantial amount of money, and shabka, which is usually some valuable jewelry for the bride.
- The henna night. You won’t take part in this process directly, but you will still help your bride prepare for the henna night, where she and her closest friends and family members will celebrate her upcoming wedding two days before the ceremony.
- The wedding ceremony. The official wedding ceremony in Egypt is always a religious one with a Muslim wedding taking place in a mosque and a Christian wedding taking place in a church.
- Eating the cake. In Egyptian wedding culture, the cake is one of the central elements. An Egyptian wedding cake is usually white and sometimes gold, has multiple tiers, and is often cut using a family sword.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be a significant language barrier?
The official language of Egypt is Egyptian Arabic and you shouldn’t expect to master it any time soon if you haven’t known it before. However, you will be relieved to know that English is the most commonly spoken foreign language in Egypt, is widely taught in schools and used in business, so your Egyptian bride shouldn’t have a problem communicating with you.
Do most Egyptian women work while being married?
No, the work culture in Egyptian is still very much dominated by men and women typically only work until they get married. After that, it is considered to be the husband’s responsibility to provide for the family. If you cannot support the family on your own, your Egyptian wife can get a part-time job as a teacher or nurse, but she would rather stay at home.
Will her religious views become a problem for our relationship?
Islam is the official religion in Egypt and up to 95% of the country’s population identify as Muslims. If you meet an Egyptian mail order bride online, she will probably be Muslim as well. Egyptian women are very serious about their religious views and cannot stand when someone tries to change their beliefs, so as long as you are fully accepting and open-minded, there shouldn’t be an issue.
Christine Fox is a psychologist with years of research under her belt. After starting as a general psychologist, she finally found her niche in interpersonal and romantic relationships. She studies relationships from the initial contact to decade-long marriages and she knows what to do at each stage to get to the next one.