South Korea is located thousands of miles away from you, but it’s still one of the best-known countries in Asia. We all know about the economic advancements, challenging corporate culture, and fabulous cuisine of South Korea, and today is the time to find out more about Korean women for marriage, who make foreign men go crazy over their beauty and personality. Check out our extensive guide to Korean mail order brides!
Why Are Korean Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
There may not be as many Korean mail order brides as there are Filipino or Thai brides available right now, but there are thousands of men all over the world who cannot wait to meet their ideal Korean woman. Here is what makes them so appealing to guys.
They are exceptionally beautiful
If you are a fan of delicate Asian beauty, there is no other place you’ll want to be than South Korea. The women there are so gorgeous that they have set a new standard of beauty that millions of women around the world are trying to imitate. The appearance of a Korean girl consists of porcelain skin, plump lips, rosy cheeks, and expressive eyes. Korean women are naturally petite and dress in casual, trendy clothes that look perfectly appropriate on them. It’s a well-known fact about Korean women that they look nearly the same for decades, which means your Korean bride will always look younger than she really is.
They are humble and respectful
Korean girls are brought up with a sense of strong respect for the men. They have no problem with accepting the man as the leader of the family and that’s exactly how they grew up. As a result, a Korean woman understands the value of having a man by her side and she will not try to compete for the leading position in the household or constantly nag you to make more money, pay more attention to her, buy a bigger house, or constantly take her on luxury vacations.
They care about your needs
To a Korean girl, a relationship between a man and a woman is a relationship between two equals who need to take care of each other and make each other comfortable. You can rest assured your Korean woman will never pressure you into doing anything you don’t want to do and will make your comfort and happiness her top priority. When dating a Korean bride, you will always feel like you truly matter.
What Are Korean Wives Like?
Marriage to a Korean bride is not for everyone, but there are lots of men who would love an opportunity to marry a gorgeous Korean mail order bride. Here are a few reasons why you will also want to do it.
Family is everything to them
A typical Korean woman has a lot on her plate, but none of those things are as important to her as her family. Korean women don’t get married or have children too early, so when they do, you definitely know it’s a perfectly informed decision. Korean wives understand that their families rely on them, and they will always do their best to be there for their families despite any other commitments.
To Korean wives, marriage is all about sharing. These women never have any secrets from their husbands and they are as transparent as an open book. After a Korean wife comes back after a gruelling day of work, all she wants to do is sit down with her beloved husband over a cup of tea or a glass of wine and simply talk about her day while also letting you share your emotions and troubles you experienced while being away from her.
Dinners will become the highlight of your day
In South Korea, cooking is not viewed as solely a woman’s prerogative and families often hire someone to cook for them, buy ready meals, or simply let the person who is less busy do the cooking. However, if you convince your Korean wife to scale down her working hours, she will be more than happy to cook dinner for the whole family, and once you get a taste of the delicious, nutritious, and appetizing authentic Korean cuisine, you will never look back.
Why Are Korean Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
At first, it may seem like Korean brides have everything they may ever need in their native country. Korea has a fantastic culture, gender equality, and lots of opportunities for women to get an education, build a career, and enjoy a happy, fulfilling life without going anywhere. However, there is one important aspect missing from the lives of millions of hot Korean women, and that aspect is love.
Korean men are too hard-working and too ambitious to truly enjoy romance. They take the time to get married, but they mostly do it for the social status and companionship of the women, not because they cannot live without their spouse. That’s definitely not what Korean girls truly want. They want to love and, more importantly, they want to feel loved.
Korean mail order brides are rightfully convinced that they can find what they are looking for in Western men. They know that foreign men also work hard to provide for their families, but their intuition tells them that these men will pay more attention to their wives. That is why Korean women are interested in marrying foreigners and actively seek foreign husbands.
The Guide on Marrying a Korean Woman
Tips on dating a Korean girl
Dating culture in Korea can be very different from your dating experience in your home country and you are almost guaranteed to make some mistakes along the way. To prevent that from happening, we prepared these tips on how to improve your dating game when you are looking for a Korean bride.
- Weekend dates are preferable. Korean women work more than 50 hours per week and they simply may not have enough energy for a great date during the week. However, weekends are a totally different story!
- Don’t try to seem better than you are. Korean girls may look slightly naive, but there is no point in trying to make them think you are younger, wealthier, or more educated than you really are — they can see right through you.
- Make sure you can keep up. The lifestyle of a young Korean woman is filled with various activities, from hiking and checking out the latest restaurant opening to pottery classes and traveling. You need to be able to enjoy those things with her.
- Compliment her appearance. A Korean mail order bride invests more time and effort into her look than most women in the world, so the least you can do is constantly acknowledge her beauty.
- Take the matters into your own hands. Korean women may look resilient and ambitious, but deep down, they want someone to take care of them and make all the important decisions — in other words, you need to become a leader in the relationship.
Meeting Korean bride parents: 3 tips
Meeting the parents of your girlfriend is a stressful experience even when they live a few miles away from you, but when they live in a country so distant and exotic like South Korea, it can be even more nerve-wracking since you don’t know what to expect. These 3 tips will help you make the best impression on your future in-laws.
- Look and talk conservatively. The parents of your Korean bride will instantly judge you by the way you look. Dress more formal than you normally would. You also need to make sure you are not too casual in your talking, and learning a couple of phrases in Korean will win you extra points.
- Call them mother and father. Despite their very formal facade, Korean parents don’t like it when their potential son-in-laws call them by Mr. and Mrs. They insist on being called mother and father, so that’s exactly what you should do.
- Demonstrate your value as a son-in-law. During your first meeting, the parents of your Korean mail order bride will want to know what you do for a living, what house and car you own, and how good your career prospects are. They want to make sure that their daughter will have a good life after marrying you.
Korean wedding customs and laws
A Korean wedding is nothing like any wedding ceremony you have attended in the past and is filled with unique customs, some of which are centuries old. Here are the 5 most notable things about a Korean wedding.
- The ceremony only lasts 30 minutes. There were times when the wedding in Korea went on for three days, but it’s considered to be excessive in modern Korean culture and now the main part of the event only takes around 30 minutes.
- Exchanging the gifts. A day before the wedding, the groom’s friends will visit the home of the bride’s parents. They will wear masks and behave loudly. They will also bring gifts to the parents of the bride and will get some money in return from them.
- Pre-wedding performance. Right before the ceremony, the guests will witness a traditional Korean pre-wedding performance of 4 musicians playing traditional instruments. In most cases, there will also be a performance by young female dancers with fans.
- The wedding reception. After the official part of the wedding is over, the guests and the newlyweds will head to a wedding reception, which will only last for a few hours. It will be organized as a buffet and every guest will eat noodle soup and rice cakes among other dishes.
- Pyebaek. Once the ceremony and the reception are completed, the couple, along with their closest family members, will visit the groom’s house. There the family will exchange more presents, spend some lovely time together, and enjoy traditional delicacies such as beef jerky and jujube.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will my Korean bride stop working after getting married?
Korean women are some of the hardest-working females in the world and they are very proud of their career achievements. Marriage is not a reason to leave work to a Korean woman, but she will take a break once she has children. However, she will be quick to return to the workplace and continue contributing to the family budget.
How much do Korean brides care about my financial situation?
South Korea is one of the most prosperous countries on the planet and Korean women don’t want to lower their living standards after the wedding. Even though your Korean wife will continue working after getting married, you will also need to be financially stable to impress your bride.
Will I experience a significant language barrier?
Not at all! Korean may be a lot for you to master in the early stages of your relationship, but you will be relieved to know that English is widely taught and used in Korea as the leading international language. A typical Korean mail order bride knows just enough English to understand you and let you easily understand her.
Christine Fox is a psychologist with years of research under her belt. After starting as a general psychologist, she finally found her niche in interpersonal and romantic relationships. She studies relationships from the initial contact to decade-long marriages and she knows what to do at each stage to get to the next one.