Why Are Haitian Mail Order Brides so Popular Nowadays?
Haiti seems like a distant and exotic destination, but its women are getting more and more popular among Western men. Thousands of American guys who found Haitian women for marriage are now saying it was the best decision of their lives, and here is why you’ll want it too.
They look incredibly pretty
Haitian women are not your typical Latin brides with sunkissed skin and sleek black hair. Haitian mail order brides are much closer to African women in their appearance. Their rich chocolate skin tone and curly hair are not only gorgeous, but also very natural, as Haitian girls don’t believe in altering their appearance too much. It’s perfectly normal for Haitian women to wear slightly revealing clothes, but they don’t do it to attract the attention of men and simply wear those clothes because they are flattering and comfortable.
They don’t chase modern values
The many disasters that happened in Haiti taught Haitian women to appreciate whatever they have and stop chasing some superficial ideas. If you look at the social media profiles of a typical Haitian mail order bride, you will see lovely memories, friendship, family connections, and active lifestyle instead of expensive shopping sprees, luxury vacations, and latest gadgets. Haitian girls are also uninterested in dating as many guys before marriage as possible and want to have fewer relationships but to make them more meaningful.
They are honest and dependable
Haitians are a very sincere nation. These people tell everything like it is and find it impossible to hide or fake their emotions. Even when your Haitian mail order bride is not saying much, you can still see how she feels about you from the way she acts around you. After spending some time with your Haitian bride, you will also grow to appreciate her dependability — she will always do her best to fulfil her promises and will never abandon you for some new idea.
What Are Haitian Wives Like?
A relationship with a Haitian mail order bride is so warm and comfortable that you will feel like you’ve been married for a long time after you’ve been together for a while. However, marrying a Haitian woman has a few extra benefits, and here is why you will love having a Haitian wife.
A Haitian wife focuses solely on her family
Haitian wives don’t have the strong career aspirations of Western women, but they don’t feel any less empowered or valuable because of their lack of job opportunities. Being a stay-at-home mother and wife allows a Haitian woman to do what she does best: to take care of the people she loves. Haitian women prefer to get married and have children fairly young and it’s safe to say that they are perfect at those duties. It’s all thanks to the unique ability of Haitian wives to focus only on their loved ones.
Haitian wives know how to spend the best time
A Haitian wife is not the type of woman who will sit at home all the time doing nothing or doing a bare minimum of house chores. Haitian wives realize that a happy family should spend time together, and they have plenty of incredible ideas for doing it. With a Haitian wife, you will learn to love the things you rarely did before, such as dancing, trying new cuisines, building strong friendships with your neighbors, or going on an improvised vacation.
You will never need to worry about her loyalty
Haitian women are not the only women in the world who can make fantastic wives for Western guys. However, they are among the most loyal women on the planet, and that’s one of the biggest reasons to consider a Haitian woman for marriage. Women in Haiti see infidelity or divorce as some of the worst things in life and they will never knowingly hurt their husbands by doing it. When you are married to a Haitian wife, you can count on her absolute fidelity even after decades of marriage.
Why Are Haitian Brides Looking for a Foreign Husband?
If you’ve heard anything about Haiti in the past decade on the news, it’s probably been about the natural disasters and economic troubles in the country. Haiti is far from the most prosperous countries in Latin America. With a few exceptions in the richest Haitian families, Haitian women don’t get the education, career, and life opportunities they deserve. This is what makes them search for potential husbands overseas. Additionally, they are attracted to Western men even if they have never met one in their lives and can easily imagine themselves living in a foreign country miles away from home, as long as there is a loving and loyal man by their side.
The Guide on Marrying a Haitian Woman
Tips on dating a Haitian girl
Despite the laid-back vibe in Haiti, Haitian women take dating very seriously. They will only date a man they can see a future with, so if a Haitian bride agrees to go on a date with you, you should use it as your chance to land yourself a wonderful Haitian wife. Here is what you can do to make it happen.
- Take the matters into your own hands. Haitian girls are skilled in non-verbal signs of attention, but they will never ask out a man instead of letting him make the first move. The only exception from this rule is a dating site, where the woman can reach out first.
- Cover the financial side of dating. It’s not even that your Haitian mail order bride does not make enough money to take you on a fancy restaurant dinner and pay for it, but it’s simply not a thing in Haitian dating culture to let the women pay.
- Prevent the relationship from fizzling out. No matter how much you’d want it, you and your Haitian bride probably won’t be able to go on dates as often as you’d like. This is why it’s so important to always remain in touch even when you are not physically together.
- Make changes in your lifestyle. A Haitian bride will never say it openly, but she wants a man who shares her interests and passions. If you have a passive lifestyle and don’t support her views, your relationship risks becoming mundane and boring.
- Show you are not afraid of commitment. The lack of commitment from local men is one of the main reasons why Haitian women are searching for foreign husbands, so don’t make the same mistakes and show your strong family values.
Meeting Haitian bride parents: 3 tips
Since your Haitian mail order bride probably still lives with her parents, you won’t need to wait for years until you get a chance to meet them. While you are preparing to make your best impression on the parents of your Haitian bride, these three tips might help you.
- Ask your bride about them in advance. Haitian people can be very modern or fairly traditional, very talkative or slightly reserved, optimistic and cheerful or realistic and quiet. It’s best to ask her in advance what they are like and tailor your behavior appropriately.
- Show your interest in their culture. Haitians don’t expect you to be perfectly familiar with their history, way of living, and language, but you also cannot visit their home without knowing absolutely anything about their national identity.
- Talk about the things that make you a good husband. The parents of your Haitian bride only care about one thing: her happiness in marriage. Without sounding too arrogant or bragging, tell them why you will make the perfect husband for their daughter.
Haitian wedding customs and laws
Weddings in Haiti are not some expensive, lavish events like they can be in the Western part of the world. However, whatever Haitian weddings can lack in luxury decorations and outfits, they more than make up with their heartwarming traditions.
- Everyone has to contribute. A typical Haitian wedding is planned by the whole family and everyone, from the bride and groom’s parents to aunts, uncles, and cousins contributes either financially or with their time and effort.
- Dancing down the aisle. The bride and the groom will be escorted down the aisle by their wedding party and they won’t just arrive quietly at the altar. Instead, everyone will take part in an elaborate wedding dance while the guests cheer on them.
- Religious wedding ceremony. A wedding in Haiti is always a religious event. Everyone will dress accordingly and will sit through a long sermon. However, the couple also signs a marriage certificate to make things official.
- Home-style reception. Unless the bride or the groom’s family are very well-off, the wedding reception will take place at someone’s home. It will be a fairly informal event with guests mingling, dancing, and getting around the venue with their plates instead of sitting in one place.
- Eating the cake. In Haitian wedding culture, the wedding cake is not eaten at the reception. Instead, it is taken to the home of the newlyweds and enjoyed by them and their closest family members a day or two after the big day.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will there be a language barrier between me and my Haitian bride?
Haitians speak Haitian Creole, a unique mix of French, Creole, and even West African languages. Even if you speak any of those, it will take you a while to get the hang of the traditional Haitian accent. The good news is that most young people in Haiti have a good grasp of English, so you can communicate with your bride with no major problems.
Will I also have to take care of her family?
These days, you can hardly find a Haitian mail order bride who comes from a middle-class or upper-class family. Her family is likely struggling financially, and Haitian culture is very strict about helping parents in need. However, if you have a problem with it, you need to honestly tell your Haitian bride about your reservations and she will find other ways to take care of them.
Do Haitian women want a lot of kids?
It’s very common for Haitian girls to grow up in families with a lot of siblings and cousins. They know how fun a house full of kids can feel, but they also understand the financial and personal responsibility of having multiple children. Two or three kids is the ideal number of children for a Haitian mail order bride.
Christine Fox is a psychologist with years of research under her belt. After starting as a general psychologist, she finally found her niche in interpersonal and romantic relationships. She studies relationships from the initial contact to decade-long marriages and she knows what to do at each stage to get to the next one.